* 4 Medium sized potatoes or 6-8 small red or yellow potatoes
* 1 large onion, thinly sliced
* ½ pound bacon, 1 pound makes it that much better
* 2½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
* 1 package dry ranch seasoning packet
* 2 T butter
* ½ cup sliced green onions
1. Cook the bacon until it is just done but not too crisp. I lined a cookie
sheet with foil and baked it at 350 degrees for 16 minutes while I was
2. Line your slow cooker with aluminum foil. Leave enough to over hang so
that you can wrap the potatoes on the top once in the slow cooker.
3. Spray the inside of the foil with cooking spray and layer half of the
potatoes along the bottom. Next layer with half of the bacon, green onions,
onion, ranch packet and top with cheese. Repeat the layers and top with
cheese reserving ½ cup.
4. Cover the potatoes with remaining foil. This helps them to steam and cook
perfectly. Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours in your slow cooker. Once finished, top
with remaining ½ cup cheese and let melt on the top.
5. Garnish with fresh green onions if desired.