2 lbs. fresh strawberries
1 tsp. unflavored gelatin
1 Tbsp. cold water
2 Tbsp. boiling water
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 c. heavy cream, very cold
1 tsp. vanilla
3 Oreo cookies, finely crushed
1. Wash strawberries; pat dry.
2. Cut off the top of each strawberry and hollow out center; place cut side down on a dry paper towel and set aside.
3. Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in a small bowl; stir and let stand 1 minute to soften.
4. Add boiling water; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved. Mixture must be clear.
5. Stir together sugar and cocoa in small mixing bowl; add heavy cream and vanilla.
6. Beat at medium speed until stiff peaks form; pour in gelatin mixture and beat until well blended.
7. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
8. To fill strawberries, spoon mousse into a piping bag and pipe generously into hollowed out strawberries.
9. Sprinkle with cookie crumbs.
PREP TIME 30 minutes
TOTAL TIME 30 minutes
YIELD: 36 SERVING
Nutrition Information: SIZE: 1 Serving
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 49 TOTAL FAT: 3g SATURATED FAT: 2g TRANS FAT: 0g UNSATURATED FAT: 1g CHOLESTEROL: 7mg SODIUM: 6mg CARBOHYDRATES: 6g FIBER: 1g SUGAR: 5g PROTEIN: 1g