2 cups masa harina flour(corn flour)
1 cup water
½ teaspoon salt
1. Mix flour and salt, then add warm water.
2. Knead until a soft dough forms, adding more water or flour as needed.
3. Tightly wrap dough in plastic wrap and let sit for 10-30 minutes.
4. Divide dough into about 16 balls, about ½ inch in diameter each.
5. Place each ball between 2 sheets of plastic wrap or waxed paper and roll into 5inch round using a rolling pin, heavy flat-bottomed pan or tortillapress
.6 If the dough sticks to the waxed paper and it is very soft, add a few tablespoons of flour.
7. Repeat with remaining dough, leaving each tortilla between the sheets of waxed paper.
8. Heat an ungreased cast iron griddle or large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
9. Peel off the top sheet of waxed paper and invert the tortilla into the hot pan, quickly and carefully peel off remaining wax paper.
10. Cook tortilla until stiffened, about 30 seconds; turn for 1 minute or until it is lightly browned, then turn to the first side for 30 seconds.
11. The cooking time for each tortilla should be less than 2 minutes, do not cook until crispy.