1 box, Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ chocolate fudge cake mix
1 1/4 cups water
1/2cup unsweetened applesauce
1 box, (3.9 oz) Jell-O™ chocolate fudge-flavor instant pudding & pie filling mix
2cups fat-free (skim) milk
1 container (8 oz) Cool Whip™ frozen whipped topping, thawed
2tablespoons dark chocolate shavings (0.4 oz from 9.7-oz 62% cacao semisweet dark chocolate bar)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, beat Cake ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
3. Bake 28 to 33 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on cooling rack 5 minutes. With handle of wooden spoon (1/2 inch in diameter), poke holes almost to bottom every 1/2 inch, wiping
spoon handle occasionally with paper towel to reduce sticking.
4. In medium bowl, beat Filling ingredients with whisk about 2 minutes or until starting to thicken. Pour over cake; spread evenly over surface,
working back and forth to fill holes. (Some filling will remain on top of cake.) Refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled.
5. When ready to serve, drop whipped topping by spoonfuls over cake; spread
evenly. Sprinkle with chocolate shavings. Cut into 5 rows by 3 rows. Store
loosely covered in refrigerator.
Be sure to poke cake 50 to 60 times so thre is plenty of filling in cake.
* Betty Crocker™ devil's food cake mix also works in this recipe.