- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line 4-quart Dutch oven with parchment
paper; lightly spray with cooking spray.
Combine pie filling and evaporated milk; spread pie into bottom of Dutch
oven. Sprinkle with cake mix (unprepared) and almonds; drizzle with butter.
Bake, covered, until cake springs back when touched, 35-40 minutes. If
desired, serve with ice cream. Enjoy.
TOTAL TIME: Prep Time: 5 min. Bake time: 35 min.YIELD: 8 servings.