Using a 6-8 oz. fish fillet (or THINLY SLICED chicken cutlets) and whatever ingredients you have on hand, you can make a quick and healthy dinner in no time. Just follow the instructions and use the flavor combinations provided below. Your fish, veggies and ?sauce? cook in one elegantly simple package and the aroma that rises when you open the packet is amazing!
Serve with pasta, rice, couscous or grain of your choice to soak up the juices.
(Super Secret Tip: Hit the salad bar at the grocery store for pre-chopped veggies!)
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees, with rack in center of oven.
2) Fold a 15 inch piece of parchment paper or aluminum foil in half to crease it. Open it up to lay flat.
3) To the right of the crease place ? cup of vegetables selected from the ?VEGETABLE OPTIONS? list below
4) Sprinkle fish fillet with salt and pepper and place on top of vegetables
5) Select a flavor combination from the ?FLAVOR OPTIONS? list below and add the ingredients of your choice ? don?t worry about measuring ? a splash, dash or pinch will do.
6) Add a Tablespoon of one of the following liquids: freshly squeezed lemon juice, white wine, fish or chicken broth or water
7) Fold the second half of the parchment paper on top over and crimp in 1inch intervals to seal. Keep folding and twisting all the way around until you arrive at the other side of the crease. (This step is easier than you think)
8) Place your packages on a baking sheet and bake 12-15 minutes depending upon thickness of fish.
9) Place parchment packages on individual plates, cut an ?x? in the top of the paper ? careful of the steam! ? and serve in the paper or slide the contents onto the plate.
Julienned or thin-sliced zucchini or yellow squash
Julienned or diced sweet red or green peppers
Sugar snap or snow peas
Thinly sliced regular or green onion
Soy or Tamari Sauce
Black and/or Green olives
Herbs: oregano, thyme, rosemary
Sweet red and/or green peppers
Hot chile peppers
Spices: Chile powder, cumin
Herbs: fresh cilantro, oregano
Salsa ? red or green
Butter or olive oil
Herbs: tarragon, parsley