1 (6 to 8 lb.) pork shoulder
1 c. chopped onion
8 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. dried mustard
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 c. orange juice
1/2 c. water
2 bottles Honey BBQ Sauce
1. Trim pork of excess fat; place in 7 qt. slow cooker.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine chopped onion, minced garlic, seasonings, orange juice, water, and BBQ sauce. Whisk well.
3. Pour sauce over pork shoulder. Pork should be completely covered.
4. Place lid on top; cook on high heat 6 hours or low heat 10 hours, until pork shreds easily.
5. Shred pork completely, removing from slow cooker if necessary.
6. Drain 4 c. liquid from slow cooker; return shredded pork to remaining liquid.
7. Serve as is or with extra Honey BBQ Sauce if desired.
Yield 24 Servings
PREP TIME 10 minutes
COOK TIME 8 hours
TOTAL TIME 8 hours 10 minutes
Nutrition Information: SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 145 TOTAL FAT: 10g SATURATED FAT: 4g TRANS FAT: 0g UNSATURATED FAT: 5g CHOLESTEROL: 41mg SODIUM: 143mg CARBOHYDRATES: 3g FIBER: 0g SUGAR: 2g PROTEIN: 11g