3 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 c. chopped onion
2 Tbsp. butter
1/4 c. flour
2 c. pineapple juice
1 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. ketchup
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 and 1/2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. ginger
1. Combine pineapple juice, brown sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, garlic, worcestershire sauce, and spices in a large measuring cup or mixing bowl. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated, then set aside.
2. Heat 2 Tbsp. butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add chopped onion and saute until onion begins to brown.
4. Stir in 1/4 c. flour.
5. Pour pineapple juice mixture into skillet and cook, stirring, over medium-high heat 5 minutes. Sauce will begin to thicken.
6. Place chicken in slow cooker and cover with sauce.
7. Cook on low heat 6 to 8 hours.