2 c. all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
14 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1/2 c. granulated sugar
3/4 c. packed light brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
1 and 1/2 c. semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour and baking soda. Set aside.
3. Heat 10 Tbsp. butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until melted. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until butter is golden brown.
4. Remove from heat.
5. Stir remaining 4 Tbsp. butter into browned butter until completely melted. Add sugars, salt, and vanilla and mix well.
6. Add egg and yolk; mix thoroughly. Let stand 3 minutes and stir again until mixture is thick and smooth.
7. Add flour mixture and stir until just combined.
8. Stir in chocolate chips.
9. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
10. Using a small cookie scoop, drop by rounded scoops 2 inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheet.
11. Bake until cookies are golden brown and puffy, about 9 to 11 minutes.
12. Transfer cookie sheet to a wire rack to cool.
Prep time 45 mins
Cook time 10 mins
Total time 55 mins