If you have been unable to create a desktop shortcut with the usual methods, try the following. Note: To the best of our knowledge these instructions work only with Windows 10.
1. Press the windows Plus R key This will put you in to the run dialog box
in lower case, Press enter.
3. You can type the first letter of the app you want to find or use your arrow keys.
4. When you have the app highlighted, Press your application key or press shift F-10.
5. Arrow up until you hear create shortcut, press enter.
6. When you hear, Windows can't create a shortcut here. Do you want the shortcut to be placed on the desktop instead? press alt pluss Y or select yes and press enter.
7. You should find the shortcut to the app on your desktop followed by the words shortcut.
Created on ... May 22, 2020