Pastry for double-crust 9-inch pie
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup Equal? Spoonful*
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
8 cups peeled, cored, sliced Granny Smith or other
baking apples (about 8 medium)
1. Roll 1/2 the pastry on floured surface into circle 1 inch larger than
inverted 9-inch pie plate . Ease pastry into plate.
2. Combine cornstarch, Equal?, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Sprinkle over
apples in large bowl and toss to coat. Arrange apples in pie crust.
3. Roll remaining pastry into circle large enough to fit top of pie. Place over apples. Seal edges, trim and flute. Cut a few slits in top of pastry to allow steam to escape. Bake in preheated 400 degree F oven 40 to 50 minutes or until crust is golden and apples are tender.
4. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 8 servings.
* May substitute 24 packets Equal sweetener
Nutrition information per serving:
calories 253 protein 2 g carbohydrate 42 g
fat 10 g cholesterol 10 mg sodium 224 mg
Food Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 1/2 starch, 2 fat
If you're looking for a great apple pie
, here it is. Great texture and flavor, plus a 28% calorie reduction from a