for single crust 9-inch pie
1 1/4 cups Equal? Spoonful*
7 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups 2 percent milk
2 egg yolks
1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 cups frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
1. Pierce bottom of pie pastry with tines of a fork. Bake in preheated 375
degrees F oven 12 to 15 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Cool completely on wire rack
2. Meanwhile, combine Equal?, cornstarch and salt in medium size saucepan.
Whisk in milk until mixture is smooth. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat,
whisking constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute or until thickened.
3. Beat egg yolks in small bowl until smooth. Stir about 1/2 cup hot milk
mixture into eggs. Whisk egg mixture back into mixture in
saucepan . Cook over very low heat, whisking constantly, 30 to 60 seconds. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, combine chopped bananas and lemon juice. Fold into milk
mixture. Spoon into baked pie shell. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or until filling is set.
5. Spread prepared whipped topping over filling. Refrigerate until ready to
serve. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Makes 8 servings. that have 39% less calories than the traditional recipe thanks to Equal and reduced fat milk and whipped topping. No flavor is lost - just calories!
* May substitute 30 packets Equal sweetener
Nutrition information per serving:
calories 228 protein 5 g carbohydrate 34 g
fat 8 g cholesterol 62 mg sodium 206 mg
Food Exchanges: 1 milk, 1 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1 1/2 fat