1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons shortening
5 to 6 tablespoons ice water
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup corn syrup
1/2 cup molasses
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs, room temperature, beaten
2 tablespoons bourbon
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups pecan halves
1. In a large bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until easy to handle.
2. Roll out dough to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer crust to pie plate. Trim crust to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edge. Refrigerate.
3. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, molasses, butter and salt; bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and cool to room temperature. (Mixture will be thick when cooled.)
4. Preheat oven to 350°. Stir eggs, bourbon and vanilla into molasses mixture. Stir in pecans. Pour into crust. Bake 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cover edges with foil during the last 30 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary.
5. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped cream. Refrigerate leftovers.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. + chilling Bake: 55 min. + cooling YIELD: 8 servings.