2 1/2 cups peeled, cored and sliced apples
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup margarine, melted
1/2 cup chopped pecans/walnuts (optional)
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 pinch salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie pan with margarine.
3. Thoroughly mix the sliced apples with the cinnamon and 1tsp of sugar.
4. Fill pan with sliced apples.
5. In a medium bowl, mix 1 cup sugar with the melted margarine. Stir in pecans, flour, egg and salt. Mix well. Spread mixture over the apples.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 65 minutes, or until golden brown.
7. Serve warm with either ice cream or slices of cheddar cheese