1 cup sweet potato, cooked, mashed
1/2 cup (about 2) small bananas, mashed
1 cup evaporated skim milk
2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
2 egg yolks (or 1/3 cup egg substitute), beaten
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup raisins
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
nonstick cooking spray, as needed
1. In medium bowl, stir together sweet potato and banana.
2. Add milk, blending well.
3. Add brown sugar, egg yolks, and salt, mixing thoroughly.
4. Spray 1-quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray. Transfer sweet
potato mixture to casserole dish.
5. Combine raisins, sugar, and cinnamon. Sprinkle over top of sweet potato mixture.
6. Bake in preheated 325 degrees F oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until knife
inserted near center comes out clean.
Sweet potatoes and bananas make this low-fat custard a dessert-lover's
Yield: 6 servings Serving size: 1/2 cup
Each serving provides:
Calories: 160 Total fat: 2 g Saturated fat: 1 g Cholesterol: 72 mg
Sodium: 255 mg Total fiber: 2 g Protein: 5 g Carbohydrates: 32 g
Potassium: 488 mg