3 medium sweet potatoes (or one 17 oz. can sweet potatoes)
1 single pie crust
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. allspice
1/4 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/8 tsp. salt
1 c. sour cream
1. Prepare pie crust by lining a 9 inch pie plate with the pastry dough. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
2. Bake sweet potatoes until tender; remove flesh from skins and scoop into a large mixing bowl.
3. Mash sweet potato, then add sugar, spices, and eggs. Mix.
4. Add sour cream and mix well.
5. Pour filling into pre-baked pie crust.
6. Bake at 375° for 50 minutes.